We appreciate that this uncertain time was not a part of your original birth plan. Please know that every measure is being taken at Anna Jaques Hospital and within the Birth Center to ensure the safest environment possible to welcome your baby into the world. As part of these protective measures, the Birth Center is allowing only your dedicated support person to be with your during your labor and birth (no additional visitors are allowed).
It is important that your support person:
- Has been feeling well for the last two weeks (no fever, cough, chills, body aches, shortness of breath, etc.)
- Has self-isolated for the last two weeks, either with you or alone
- Stays with you at all times in your hospital room unless requested to separate from you for a medical procedure
- Cleans their hands frequently and does not touch their face
- Brings your necessities, including car seat, upon arrival to the hospital. Support people are strongly encouraged not to go back to their car or home during the stay.
During stay on the Birth Center:
- Support person receives one complimentary meal during your stay, with Cafeteria vouchers available for them to purchase off the patient menu ($6 per tray /cash only).
- Snacks and beverages are available, please ask staff and they will bring them to you including (supply may vary):
- Saltines, graham crackers, toast, peanut butter, cereal, Jell-O, Cheez-its, peanuts, Oreos, pretzels, granola bars, popsicles, ice cream
- Water, juices, ginger ale, tea, coffee.
- We ask you not come out the Nurse’s Station if you need something, instead put your call light on and we will be happy to assist you.
We recognize these are challenging times. The entire Birth Center team is here to support you and your partner through this special experience.
If there is something to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know.